Rabies Prevention Clinics
Hanover County conducts Rabies Vaccine Clinics on scheduled dates (see below).
A veterinarian will administer the vaccine for $7.00 per dog
Information For Each Clinic
- Keep all animals in your vehicle. DO NOT bring them to the building!
- Complete registration inside facility and return to your vehicle.
Drive to area designated for vaccination.
- Only healthy, non-pregnant animals will be vaccinated.
- No wolf hybrids or other animals will be vaccinated.
- Leave designated vaccination area as soon as you are finished.
- Put rabies tags on dog's collar and keep certificates for proof
Scheduled Clinic Dates
Rabies clinics are scheduled during the fall and winter months of the year. For more information, contact Hanover County Animal Control/Hanover Pound at 804-365-6485.
Vaccinate Your Pets!
All dogs or cats 4 months old or older must have proof of rabies
vaccination. The vaccination is good up to three years. If you see
any animal that is acting strangely or appears sick, report it immediately
to Hanover County Animal Control.
The emergency phone number
is 804-365-6140 (or 911).
For more information, contact the Hanover County Animal Control
office/Hanover Pound at 804-365-6485.
What You Should Know About Rabies...
Follow this link for more information