Community Services Board
Offers a wide variety of Clinical, Rehabilitative, Preventative,
and Community Educational Services tailored to meet the
needs of individuals, families, and the Hanover Community. See Services...
The Hanover County Community Services Board regularly meets on the 3rd Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the Hanover Community Services Board Conference Room at 12300 Washington Highway, Ashland, VA 23005. A work session is held at 5:30 p.m. in the same location.
Please click here for the 2013 schedule and meeting minutes.
Proposed FY13-FY14 Performance Contract
(5.7MB - updated: 7/03/2012)
- Crisis Services - Crisis intervention for persons and families
experiencing a mental health or substance abuse related emergency.
- Clinical Services - Individual, family and group counseling
for all ages regarding a wide range of concerns. Specialized treatment
services are available for substance dependent adults and adolescents,
adults with a serious mental illness, and children
at risk for out-of-home placement. Availability of services is dependent on eligibility.
- Psychiatric services - Psychiatric consultation, assessment
and medication management for individuals who meet eligibility creiteria.
- Case Management - Information, referral, advocacy and
individualized help in obtaining services and resources.
- Day Support and Employment Services - Employment training,
Sheltered Employment, Supported Employment, Psychosocial Rehabilitation,
and Day Health and Rehabilitation for adults with intellectual disabilities
and/or other disabilities.
- Residential Services - Services include In-Home Supports,
Respite Care, Supported Living, 24-hour Supervised Apartments
and Group Homes for persons with intellectual disabilities.
- Prevention Services - Youth activities, training for children and parents and consultation focused on preventing substance abuse, teen pregnancy, violence, and juvenile delinquency.
- Community Education - Community workshops, media events, and speakers bureau on issues relating to mental health, intellectual disabilities and substance abuse.
- Hanover CSB Client Handbook (62 pages - 579KB) - detailed information for clients and family members.
Human Rights Statement (en español)
Making A Difference
Deciding that you or your family needs help can be difficult
thing to do. Actually getting the assistance you need should not
be. We are committed to making the process of finding help as easy
and "friendly" as possible.
If you need assistance with a mental health or substance abuse
problem, or an issue regarding intellectual disabilities, just drop by
our Ashland office or call us at 365-4200. Your call will be answered
by a highly trained professional who will help you find the assistance
you need with Hanover Community Services or elsewhere in the community..
There are fees for our services; however, we do not turn anyone
away based on inability to pay. We also accept Medicaid, Medicare
and most private insurance. At your initial appointment, our reimbursement
staff will work with you to determine your insurance coverage and
if you qualify for a reduced fee.
We promise that every contact with Hanover County Community Services
Board will be confidential and that you will be treated with the
utmost respect and courtesy.