Pamunkey Regional Jail welcomes your interest in our agency. Applicants who are selected are considered to be members of one of the most respected and professional jail facilities in the state.
To maintain the highest caliber and qualified personnel, this office sets high standards for applicants. Only the highest caliber individual will be considered for employment. Setting and maintaining these high standards ensures a high level of respect in the community we serve.
Click Here for Current Job Openings
NOTE: The following information is for informational purposes only and does not represent all factors that may eliminate a candidate from consideration.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be at least 20 years of age.
- Must be 21 years of age upon completion of the academy.
- Must have a high school diploma or a GED.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be a Virginia resident, or be able to establish residency within 30 days of hire.
- No felony convictions, or conviction of any offense that would be a felony if committed in Virginia.
- No conviction for any misdemeanor involving moral turpitude or domestic violence.
- No DUI convictions within the past five years.
- No use of any controlled substances, to include marijuana, within the past year.
- No conviction for manufacturing or distributing illegal drugs.
- Must have received an honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions.
- Cheating on any examination or test associated with the position.
- Untruthfulness or the withholding of information on any application, interview, or paperwork associated with the application.
- Engaging in behavior which is in conflict with the law or which would place the individual or department in a position of compromise, undue embarrassment or criticism, or loss of public credibility.
- Membership in or association with members of subversive organizations (i.e. government overthrow, extremist, racial/religious intolerance, etc.)
- Failure to comply with reporting times, appointments, deadlines or time limits imposed during any portion of the hiring process. Reasonable exceptions shall be granted on a case-by-case basis for family emergencies or for out-of-state candidates.
The successful candidate will pass a panel interview, polygraph examination, comprehensive background investigation, physical exam, as well as an executive review. Applicants who are not selected for a position may re-apply following six months.
Click the star to the right for current jail vacancies on the Hanover County Career Site.
Once there, you can search open postings or create an application. When creating an application, please be sure to choose the correct one for the posting for which you choose to apply.
Once you have completed one application for the jail, you will not need to complete additional applications for any new postings that occur. You are able to update your application at any time PRIOR to applying for any new posting.
We wish you luck with your job search. For further information on any of these positions, call 804-365-6400 / TDD 804-730-6140 / EOE / MFH or send an email message to: email@example.com.
Pamunkey Regional Jail offers an excellent benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.