|Standards||Lateral Entry Program|
Applicants who have successfully completed the selection process will have the following benefits as an employee with the Hanover County Sheriff's Office:
- HOLIDAYS: 13 paid holidays per year floating holidays included (2)
- ANNUAL LEAVE: 8 hours per month for the first 5 years; years 5 - 10, 10 hours per month; years 10 - 15, 12 hours per month; years 15-20, 14 hours per month; years 20+ through remainder of employment, 16 hours per month.
- SICK LEAVE: 10 hours per month. No ceiling set, payment limited and applicable only after 5 years of service.
- HEALTH INSURANCE: County offers 2 plans with Anthem Blue Cross/ Blue Shield and contributes a portion of the cost.
- LIFE INSURANCE: Paid fully by the County for both Sworn and Civilian employees. Salary rounded to the next highest thousand and doubled.
- DENTAL INSURANCE: Choice of 3 plans. Employee pays full premium. (Optional).
- SUPPLEMENTAL: ACCIDENTAL/CANCER/INTENSIVE CARE INSURANCE: Plans designed to pay employee during unexpected incidents. Employee pays full premium. (Optional).
- RETIREMENT: County pays 95% and employee pays 5% of VSRS. Can retire with full benefits after 25 years of service at age 50 based on the last 3 highest years of salary. (Law Enforcement Officers Retirement LEO Supplement available for sworn staff only)
- DEFERRED COMPENSATION: Tax reduction savings and investments.
- CREDIT UNION: Member benefits and discounts, payroll deduction; savings, checking, loans, etc.
- DIRECT DEPOSIT: Paychecks deposited directly into, up to three accounts.
- VRS OPTIONAL LIFE INSURANCE: Options for employee and family. Paid fully by employee.
- EDUCATIONAL TUITION ASSISTANCE: Limited to a maximum dollar amount per semester. Must be job related and approved by the Sheriff.
- TAKE HOME VEHICLE: (sworn staff only) Take home vehicle provided upon completion of the Academy in accordance with agency guidelines. Lateral Entry employees may be provided take home vehicle during transitional training.
- UNIFORMS and EQUIPMENT: (sworn staff only) All uniforms and equipment are provided by the Hanover County Sheriff's Office. A clothing allowance is provided for sworn, non-uniform personnel.
Career Development Program