|Standards||Lateral Entry Program|
As a requirement for the position of Patrol Deputy, all candidates must successfully complete a physical agility test. The agility test is designed to evaluate the candidate's ability to perform certain job-related duties, which are evaluated in an obstacle course. All obstacles must be completed in sequence to successfully complete the test. Upon completion of the physical agility test, candidates are ranked according to their time.
The physical agility test consists of the following:
- Candidate is given a physical description of a suspect.
- Time begins when candidate exits seat from sitting position.
- Candidate must run 25 yards and jump a 3-foot wide culvert.
- Candidate must run an additional 25 yards and climb over a 5-foot obstacle.
- Candidate must run an additional 10 yards and crawl under a 10' x 3' x 2' obstacle.
- Candidate must run an additional 25 yards and climb a standard 8-inch step up and down 12 times.
- Candidate must run an additional 15 yards and climb through a 36" x 30" x 3' window.
- Candidate must run an additional 10 yards and identify a suspect previously given to the candidate.
- Candidate must run an additional 15 yards and drag a 165-pound dummy 5 yards.
- Candidate must run an additional 20 yards, hold an unloaded handgun within a 6-inch diameter, pull the trigger 1 time with strong hand and 1 time with weak hand without touching the outer rim. Candidate places the handgun on a table.
- Test ends.