DMV Select Services
The Treasurer and Commissioner of Revenue for Hanover County began offering “DMV Select” Services.
The hours of operation for DMV Services are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
As a DMV Select location, we can process the following transactions:
- Titles – original (with or without liens), substitute, replacements, title maintenance (change information on title records)
- Vehicle Registrations – originals, renewals, transfers, re-issues and surrender of plates
- Special and personalized license plate orders
- Dealer title and registration transactions
- Voter registration applications
- Transcripts – vehicle, driver
- Trip Permits
- Overload Permits
- Handicapped parking placards
- Name and address changes – that DO NOT involve issuance of a driver’s license or ID card
- Returned checks – full payments ONLY
We CANNOT issue driver’s licenses whether original licenses, renewals or replacements and we cannot conduct driver license tests. Customers must go to a regular DMV branch for those services.
Important Public Notice about DMV Select
The Department of Motor Vehicles’ (DMV) mobile customer service center, called DMV 2 Go, will be at the Hanover DMV Select, located at 7497 County Complex Road - Hanover, VA 23069, June 27, August 14 and October 24 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The full service office provides all DMV transactions including applying for and renewing driver's licenses, ID cards and Virginia’s new veterans ID card. Road and knowledge tests are available, and applicants may get their pictures taken.
You are encouraged to research and bring the required documents to complete your transactions. To determine what documents are needed, use the interactive document guide at www.dmvNOW.com.
Click Image for additional information.