Web Use Terms
The official web site for Hanover County Government and Constitutional
Offices is intended to provide citizens & businesses with easy
access to information about the functions, services, activities,
operations and projects of the County.
The County web site is not intended to be a public forum.
The County Web Administrator
is the public point of contact for concerns regarding the County's
web presence. Comments about this site are welcome and encouraged.
The County does NOT provide links to web sites of
third-party, non-government, and/or commercial organizations unless
providing such a link is germane to the business of a particular
department of the County.
It is recommended that persons wishing to link to the County web
site contact the Web
Administrator for permission. "Framing" the County
web pages is NOT permitted. Permission is contingent upon pages
within this web site being displayed in full in the browser window
without any accompanying frame, design, branding, trademark, advertising
or promotional material not originally displayed on the page within
the County web site.
Use Of Your Email Address
When you provide the County with information that personally identifies
you, e.g., contact the County via an email message, the information
is used solely to respond to your request or inquiry. Your email
may be forwarded to other County employees who are better able to
handle your inquiry or request.
For those who prefer or require it, the County provides a text
version of the web site that complies with standard practices of
accessibility. The text version of the web site is always current
and may be accessed by clicking the Text
Only Site links that appear on every page in the web site. The
link may display the County home page initially. If so, you may
need to re-navigate to the particular page of interest.
If you have a problem accessing any area of the County web site
please contact the Web
Administrator. Please be as specific as possible when describing
the problem encountered, including the specific page, etc.
The County makes available for your use on this web site information
and documents subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this
the site at the time of such use. In addition, when using particular
services or materials on this site, you are subject to any posted
guidelines or rules applicable to such services or materials that
contain terms and conditions in addition to those in the Terms of
Use. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference
to these terms:
- You agree that you will not violate (or attempt to violate) the security of this web site by hacking, sending viruses, or any other similar malicious or careless conduct.
- You agree that you will not utilize the communication methods found within the web site for the communication of any material that may reasonably be considered scurrilous or offensive. Offensive materials are defined as sexual content or images, slurs against race, religious or political beliefs, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or physical attributes.
- You agree not to upload (or attempt to upload) content of any type to this web site.
- You acknowledge that you have no right to the intellectual property associated with this web site and that you have only a limited right to use this web site.
- You acknowledge that the County does not warrant the accuracy
or availability of this web site.
- You acknowledge that the County is not responsible for any loss,
damage, or injury that you may have as a result of your use of
this web site.
- You agree to be bound by the laws applicable in Hanover County
with respect to your use of the web site and you agree that any
court proceedings relating to your use of the web site will take
place in the District Court of Hanover County.
- You agree to grant the County all intellectual property rights
in the content of any e-mail that you send to the County.
If you do not AGREE to ALL of these terms, please exit this web
Unauthorized attempts to modify any information stored on the County's
server(s), to circumvent security features, or to utilize the County's
server(s) for other than its intended purpose are prohibited and
may result in criminal prosecution.